Chief Executive Officer Position with PEI Mutual Insurance Company
Island Recruiting is currently searching for an insightful, dynamic, and hands-on Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to join our client in Summerside, PEI. Our client, Prince Edward Island’s largest property and casualty insurer, is a financially sound, service oriented, Island owned general insurance company with a staff of 40 employees.
About the Opportunity:
The CEO has overall responsibility for the leadership, strategic and management direction and business results of the company. Working closely with the Board and the management team, he/she ensures that the company establishes appropriate goals, and manages its resources to meet these goals.
- Oversee and monitor the day-to-day delivery of the company programs to maintain and improve quality of services;
- Gather, interpret and communicate information to the Board about community trends and resources as they relate to enhancing the Board’s capacity for effective decision-making and long-term planning;
- Lead the development and implementation of corporate policies and strategic planning;
- Ensure employee commitment to the corporate vision, values and strategies;
- Ensure effective business planning and control to maintain the financial integrity of the Corporation;
- Oversee all areas of human resource management, including the establishment and maintenance of a professional and competent staff team;
- Initiate and develop relationships with a broad range of community sectors, all levels of government, other non-profit organizations and businesses; and
- Ensure the implementation of the mechanisms required to support continuous quality improvement of services.
The successful candidate will be:
- The successful candidate will possess a degree in business, law, accounting, or related disciplines with executive level experience
- Insurance industry designations will be considered a valuable asset
- Enterprising, ethical, and enthusiastic;
- Willing to offer opinions and constructive criticism;
- Calm and steady under pressure;
- Team oriented and leads by example;
- Action and results-oriented;
- Diplomatic without compromising the interests of the organization; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply for a new challenge and make your mark on the PEI insurance industry please forward your most recent resume to Jenn at Island Recruiting