Service Position - Field Claims Adjuster
PEI Mutual Insurance Company asks you to consider joining us in our Mission to provide our members with quality insurance products, at competitive prices, through local, personalized and professional service. Founded over 134 years ago, with its roots in our Island’s primary resources, PEI Mutual is the largest property and casualty insurer on PEI.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Claims Manager and serving as a member of the Claims Team, this position provides the opportunity to assess and settle claims in a fair and efficient manner.
- Provide consistently high level of service to member policyholders;
- Deliver consistent, fair and prompt settlement of claims;
- Prepare and maintain accurate reports and effect settlements;
- Adjust both property damage and legal liability claims;
- Recommend and maintain proper reserves;
- Effectively identify and pursue subjugation;
- Keep current on industry trends, and best practices.
- Post-Secondary education or Chartered Insurance Professional designation are considered assets;
- Interested in pursuing mandatory and other educational opportunities;
- Self-starter. Detail oriented, well organized and decisive with strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- An innovative thinker;
- An agile professional excelling in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound morals, ethics and respectful of confidentiality, with demonstrated trustworthy behavior;
- Knowledge of PEI, its people, and industries;
- Displays professional behavior, positive and passionate attitude;
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision, or as part of a team;
- Valid Prince Edward Island Driver’s License.
We invite interested applicants to submit their resume along with cover letter, in confidence, outlining strengths in the responsibilities and characteristics to our Claims Manager at Field Claims Adjuster
by August 9, 2019.