Claims Adjuster Eastern PEI Position
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a growing and successful Island company that provides attractive compensation and benefits?
We are looking for a Claims Adjuster to join our Claims Team. If you take pride in your attention to detail, professionalism, analytical and people skills, PEI Mutual Insurance Company would love to hear from you!
PEI Mutual Insurance Company was founded over 137 years ago. With roots in our Island's primary resources, we're proud to be PEI's largest property and casualty insurer. We currently employ 59 dedicated team members who collectively contribute over 630 years of experience and expertise to our great Island company!
Position Overview: Reporting to the Claims Manager and serving as a member of the Claims Team, this position provides the opportunity to assess and settle claims in a fair and efficient manner. The successful candidate will primarily serve our policyholders in the Eastern portion of PEI, identified in the map below.
What you'll do:
- A 37.5-hour work week
- A beautiful, safe, spacious and respectful work environment
- Paid vacation, generous sick and medical leave benefits
- Dental, health, and vision care benefits paid by the company
- One of PEI's best defined-contribution pension plans (RRSP) matched by the company
- Various employee well-being initiatives and wellness challenges
- Insurance education and development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with an inspiring team of co-workers
- Provide a consistently high level of service to our members
- Investigate, evaluate, analyze, negotiate, and deliver consistent, fair and prompt settlement of claims
- Evaluate coverages to determine claimable loss or damage
- Prepare and maintain accurate reports and effective settlements
- Adjust both property damage and legal liability claims
- Recommend and maintain proper reserves
- Consult and coordinate with experts such as lawyers, engineers, architects, and contractors
- Keep current on industry trends, and best practices
- Professional with strong customer-oriented focus
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and problem solving skills
- Positive ambitious attitude, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work well independently, set and maintain own schedule, with ability to manage multiple files
- A self-starter, detail oriented, well organized, and decisive with strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Respectful of confidentiality and a well-defined sense of diplomacy and ethics
- Committed to continuous insurance education and development opportunities
- Adaptable, and available to serve our members outside of usual working hours
- Prior insurance claims handling experience is considered an asset
- A broad knowledge of Prince Edward Island, its people, and industries
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Your values align with PEI Mutual's core values:
- We listen and respond to our members' needs;
- We behave with integrity;
- We treat each other with dignity and respect;
- We support, motivate and engage our talent;
- We continuously improve and innovate;
- We give back to the local communities we serve; and
- We are accountable collectively and individually.
Our positive culture is important to us! If you are highly people-focused and look forward to adding to our culture, please send your resume outlining your experience for consideration.
Salary Range: $62,000 - $76,000 annually, depending on skills and years of experience.
Apply in confidence to: Claims Adjuster Eastern PEI Position
by Friday, March 10, 2023.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.