Claims Manager Position with PEI Mutual Insurance Company
Claims Manager Position
PEI Mutual Insurance Company asks you to consider joining us in building our future. Founded over 132 years ago, with its roots in our Island’s primary resources, PEI Mutual is the largest property and casualty insurer on PEI.
Position Overview: Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the management team this position offers a unique opportunity to pair business management skills with a background in law to provide overall management functions within the Claims Team.
- Provide overall direction, leadership and development of all claims activities;
- Oversee consistent, fair and prompt settlement of claims;
- Coordinate training of the claims team;
- Monitor departmental expenditures;
- Provide opinions and coordinate legal services both internally and externally;
- Effectively manage reserves to provide financial reporting integrity;
- Consult internally to provide subject matter expertise.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a natural desire to provide exceptional customer service and will possess the following characteristics:
- Self-Starter with excellent organizational, time management and project management skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Analytical and problem solving ability;
- Demonstrated negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills;
- Leads through example with strong ethics and a positive and professional behavior;
- Respectful of privacy and confidentiality policies;
- Committed to continued study and professional development;
- Two or more years experience as member of the Law Society of PEI, (or eligible);
- Valid drivers license;
- Broad knowledge of Prince Edward Island, its people and industries;
- Willing to reside in the Greater Summerside area.
Interested candidates are invited to submit, in confidence, a CV and cover letter outlining strengths in the responsibilities and characteristics to
PEI Mutual Claims Manager Position, by June 5, 2017