Accounting Technician Position
Professional, highly organized, excellent attention to detail, high degree of ethics, and excellent communication skills, if this sounds like you, PEI Mutual Insurance Company would love to hear from you!
PEI Mutual Insurance Company was founded over 138 years ago. With roots in our Island's primary resources, we're proud to be PEI's largest property and casualty insurer. We currently employ 60 dedicated team members who collectively contribute over 570 years of experience and expertise to our great Island company!
What you'll do:
- A 37.5-hour work week
- A beautiful, safe, spacious and respectful work environment
- Paid vacation, generous sick and medical leave benefits
- Dental, health, and vision care benefits paid by the company
- One of PEI's best defined-contribution pension plans (RRSP) matched by the company
- Various employee well-being initiatives and wellness challenges
- Insurance education and development opportunities
- The opportunity to work with an inspiring team of co-workers
As Accounting Technician, you'll join PEI Mutual?s Accounting Team where you'll be part of the following functions:
- Maintain accounts receivable and process invoices for payment
- Record business transactions, process adjustments, and reconcile accounts
- Ensure all mid-period and month-end financial duties are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Calculate and submit weekly payroll (payroll experience required)
- Complete tax remittance forms such as payroll source deductions and T4's
- Assist with year-end working papers and spreadsheets
- Other general accounting functions specific to the insurance industry, as required
- An Accounting diploma or equivalent accounting work experience
- Minimum 3 year's experience in an accounting role
- An understanding of accounting principles
- Highly organized with the ability to maintain a very high level of confidentiality
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Positive attitude with the ability to work well independently and on a team
- Detail-oriented and proficient in managing deadlines and workflow
- A high degree of proficiency with software applications and information technology
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A high standard of ethical and professional behavior
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Your values align with PEI Mutual's core values:
- We listen and respond to our members' needs;
- We behave with integrity;
- We treat each other with dignity and respect;
- We support, motivate and engage our talent;
- We continuously improve and innovate;
- We give back to the local communities we serve; and
- We are accountable collectively and individually.
Our positive culture is important to us! If you are highly people-focused and look forward to adding to our culture, please send your resume outlining your experience for consideration.
Salary Range: $51,500 - $60,500 annually, depending on skills and years of experience.
Accounting Technician Position
, by Friday, May 19, 2023.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.